1. Basic Black Pumps: A necessity for business or play. Get a quality pump with a reasonable heel for ease of comfort. Add a nude pump for variety.
2. Basic Jean: Invest in a quality jean that can hold up to multiple wears. If you're a curvy girl like Fash and myself, be sure to get a pair that fits both in the thigh area and rests on your waist. The ideal jean is one that does not require a belt because of the waist gap (see video). My faves are the Old Navy Rockstar Skinny jeans.
3. Basic T-Shirt: One of my favorite clothing items! They can be dressed up or down. I suggest going to your favorite store during a sale (mine is Old Navy for tees) and stocking up on multiple whites, a gray, black, navy, and throw in other fun colors. Don't be afraid to shop the men's section too, just be mindful of the size difference.
4. Little Black Dress: Every woman should have at least one, if you don't, here is what to look for when you go to purchase one. Stay away from too much stretch. You don't want to keep pulling your dress down as you walk. Choose a thicker fabric. A thicker fabric is more sturdy and can hold up with multiple wears. Get one that falls just below your knees. As seen in the video, Fash's dress falls just below her knees. This length in conservative enough for work, yet short enough for play. Stay away from embellishments. A plain black with no gold or silver accents is ideal. This way you can have more outfit options.
5. Basic Blazer: A classic, no fuss, black blazer is a wardrobe staple. Fash switched it up a bit and went with one with a longer length, which fine too. However, hers is still all black with no details. If you don't have one in your closet already look for one that makes layering easy and in a sturdy fabric. Dress it up for the office or down with jeans, tee, and statement jewelry for play.
Video Credit: Styles by Fash's Youtube