In today's makeup guide, we are discussing foundations. I've tried many a foundation there are only a handful I'd recommend from the drugstore. While modern technologies have allowed drugstore foundations to rival those at the department store, few can last more than a few hours. I've curated a list of the ones I have tried, repurchased, and would recommend that you try. See more below.
1. Iman Cream to Powder- This foundation is the closet to a perfect match I have tried to date and I have tried A LOT of foundations. I had to apply it to one side of my face at time to see what the coverage was like. It is a medium coverage foundation that does a great job at evening out the complexion. It applies as a cream and dries to a powder, which is great if you have oily skin. See more at www.target.com.
2. L'Oreal True Match-This is a full coverage foundation that dries to to satin finish. It gives you that "flawless face" look without looking as if you're wearing a mask. I rarely have to touch up during the day when I wear it. See more at www.drugstore.com.
3. Black Opal True Color Stick Foundation SPF 15-There was a time less than a decade ago when women of color had few drug store options when it came to foundation. Black Opal filled the void then, and is still holding their own now. They have various foundation options, but the stick foundation is my favorite. It is great for travel. Being a full coverage product, it can be used as concealer or all over foundation. This foundation stays in my travel makeup kit. See more at www.drugstore.com.
4. Revlon Colorstay Foundation- With a wide shade range and dry skin and oily skin specific formulations, just about everyone can find their shade. I trust this foundation so much, I wore it in my college graduation pictures. It has a full coverage formula, and dries matte, but your skin isn't left looking dry and cakey. It is usually reserved as my "going out" foundation because of it's flawless finish. See more at www.drugstore.com.
5. Covergirl Queen Natural Hue Foundation- Another foundation geared towards of color. I wore this along with the pressed powder when I was really getting into makeup whilst in college. See more at www.drugstore.com.
6. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation- This was the very FIRST foundation I wore. Way back in middle when my mom would apply it before my orchestra concerts. I wore it into high school for special occasions. It has has a soft fluffy texture (hence "mousse" in the name) and it has a matte finish. I's say this is a medium coverage foundation that could be buildable to become a full coverage. See more at www.drugstore.com.
Up Next: Diva's Makeup Guide for Beginners: Setting Powders