Friday, December 14, 2012 was a sad day for America. Twenty six people lost their live in Newtown, Connecticut, twenty of those were young children. This mass murder occured at Sandy Hook Elementary School early that morning. While murder is no excusable whether it's an adult, teenage, or child, but it always hurts just a little more when youn children are involved. I pray for the families and friends who lost someone that day to a senseless act of violence. Also, prayers go out to the survivors who had to witness and experience such a horrific act.
There will be funerals instead of Christmas mornings, tears instead laughter, and sleepness nights instead of sound slumbers. This act of violence affects everyone, and as a result, we are all responsible for the safety of our children. We do not need to wait until something like this happens again before we make a change.
The names of the children who lost their lives are:
1. Charlotte Bacon, 2/22/2006
2. Daniel Barden, 9/25/2005
3. Olivia Engell, 7/18/2005
4. Josephine Gay, 12/11/2005
5. Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 4/4/2006
6. Dylan Hockely, 3/8/2006
7. Madeline F. Hsu,7/10/2006
8. Catherine V. Hubbard, 6/8/2006
9. Chase Kowalski, 10/31/2005
10. Jesse Lewis, 6/30/2006
11. James Mattoli, 3/22/2006
12. Grace McDonnell, 11/4/2005
13. Emillie Parker, 5/12/2006
14. Jack Pinto, 5/6/2006
15. Noah Pozner, 11/20/2006
16.. Caroline Previdi. 9/7/2006
17. Jessica Rekos, 5/10/2006
18. Avielle Richman, 10/17/2006
19. Benjamin Wheeler, 9/12/2006
20. Allison N. Wyatt, 7/3/2006
May their little souls rest in peace as well as the adults that lost their lives that day.