We are all familiar with this product. It has a home in the back of your refrigerator because our parents have told us it fights odor. It is a common ingredient in laundry detergent and many other uses as a household cleaning product. We see it so much that we don't see it. Have you ever thought about adding baking soda to your beauty regimen? I know it may sound unlikely, but it seems our grandparents were on to something after all. Listed below are five beauty uses for baking soda.
1. Fash Wash- Out of all the face washes flooding the cosmetics aisles in the stores, claiming to do the same thing as its neighor on the shelf only better with a paragraph of ingredients listed on the back, baking soda seems to be the simplest face wash. Simply add water until it forms a paste and wash away all that makeup and dead skin cells that are clogging up your pores.
2. Teeth Whitening- Every brand had a teeth whitening system and toothpaste that is supposed to whiten your teeth. Why use what is tried and true? Add a pinch to your toothbrush and wait for those pearly whites to shine again! If you're like me you can add it to your toothpaste to mask the taste.
3. Nail Maintenance- For those who like to maintain their own cuticle rather than pay to let someone else do it, simply add baking soda to your nail brush and gently scrub to soften those cuticles.
4. Hair Cleanser- To remove excess build up, add a half of teaspoon to your regular shampoo and cleanse and condition as usual.
5. Body Scrub- Get rid of the rough skin that likes to show up on our knees, elbows, and the back of our feet by combining three parts water and one part baking soda to form a thick paste to get rid of the buildup of dead skin cells.
Info Credit: Beauty and Personal Grooming