So as the year comes to a close, I thought I would share what beauty products I've been loving all year. to keep the post short I will not include pictures to the product, just their name, websites where they can be found, and why I love them. So here they are in no particular order:
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation: This has to be THE BEST full coverage drugstore foudation I have tried to date. I have oily skin and I love the semi-matte finish. I love it so much I wore it in my college graduation pictures (now that's big!). I now save it as my "special occasion" foundation. When I purchased it, the popularity of it had since died down so I got it for under $10!
- Revlon Superlustrious lipsticks: My collection of these lipsticks is very slim, I only have three I believe, but I love the color payoff and the finish of all three. Definitely plan to get more in 2012 and the price is affordable for about $5-6!
- Black Radiance Lip Perfection Lipsticks: I believe I have all but three(I even have the black one!) of the lipsticks from the line and I LOVE THEM! I only wish they would spice up the line with more pinks, purples, and oranges. If you are a teenager just getting into lipstick, or a woman just trying out lipstick this line is for you! They are ridiculously inexpensive (the most I've seen them priced at was $2.02 and that was at CVS!) so you can try more than one at a time. Great color payoff and they are not high shine lipsticks so they work well in corporate environments.
- Black Radiance Color Perfect Liquid Foundation: I tried this foundation out as suggested by my cousin and I am glad I did. I own two colors, both of which work for me, but one is realy my spring/summer color and the other my fall/winter. However, can wear the lighter one in the inside of my face being that I have golden undertones on the inside of my face, and the daarker on the outside since I have red undertones on the perimeter of my face. The finish is semi-matte, just like Revlon Colorstay and it only costs around $4-5. Can't beat that!
- Black Radiance Baked Blushes: The brand only has two blushes, Warm Berry and Toasted Almond, but I deem both must haves by all women of color! They just add tat perfect flush of color to your skin without overpowering it. I hate that there are only two blushes in the line, hopefully they are working on more (fingers crossed). The price is awesome at $5.
- Black Radiance Complexion Perfection Shine Control Primer: Now that I meantioned this product, I have to run out and get a replacement. This primer is fantastic. I have to admit, when I first tried this product, I thught it was not effective. That was because, I was not applying it properly. I applied it with a heavier hand it it actually kept the oil at bay. Now after an eight hour work day, I do get a sheen but not oil. It is white in color, but absorbs transparent. It costs $5, so it won't break the bank.
- Black Radiance Body Buildind Mascara: I have really been on a Black Radiance kick this year you haven't noticed by now lol. I purchased this mascara earlier this year for just $3! I already have fairly long lashes, but the Body Building Mascara makes them look bold and fabulous. This is a great starter mascara.
- Black Opal Stick Foundation: This is a full coverage stick foundation. It is a bit on the oily side, so I have to make sure I prime and set well. You can wear it sheer by applying your fingers or brush on the stick and blending it on your face, or wear it full by applying the stick directly to your face and blending. When I'm not wearing it as a foundation, I wear it as a concealer. What a way to get the most out of your products, huh? It makes me feel better about spending $10 on a foundation I may not use everyday.
- Black Opal Stick Concealer: I love this concealer. It is not a super full coverage concealer, I'll say its a medium to full coverage concealer. I gives me great coverage and I've had no problem finding my shade, and at $5 it's affordable.
- NYX Concealer in a Jar: Another full coverage concealer that I love, but I cannot replace because the store that sold them has since closed. I wore this along with my Revlon Colorstay foundation for my graduation pictures and the combination gave me a flawless natural look. I'm still on the hunt for a replacement. You can't beat it at $5, that's if you can get your hands on it.
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadows: I regretfully admit, I only own one trio, so I can't add those in my favorites, but I can add the singles, six and eight pan palettes! I wear a Wet n Wild
eyeshadow almost everytime I wear makeup. The color payoff is amazing and so are the prices. The singles are just $1 and the six and eight pan palettes are $5.
- Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliners: I'm only tw shades short of owning thee entire collection and I must say I love these colors. The are long lasting which is the good and bad thig about these eyeliners. They have a sticky gooey texture that can spread if it hasn't had anough time to dry. To combat this, I immediately set it with a corresponding eyeshadow. At $6 it was eay to add these to my evergrowing makeup collection.
- Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder: This powder is still on of my favs, however I have my eye on the HD Translucent powder by Ruby Kisses. I wear it almost everytime I wear makeup. At $9-10 it won't break your bank and they have enough shades that will allow you to find ypur match.
- Ruby Kisses Blemish Control Powder: I have never heard of a powder that clears up blemishes and I can say that this powder did not clear up mine. That's not why I love this powder. It is a full coverage powder that is lightweight, but givs you a natural flawless look (if you don't have problematic skin). I add some translucent powder on top in my t-zone as it is not an oil absorbing powder. I got this for $5 at my local beauty supply store.
- NYC Translucent Powder: I wear this powder in my t-zone for a little extra coverage. For $3 it's a great buy and for the amunt of product, it will last a long time.